Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! We aren't really celebrating this year except we all wore green. Jeremy made a really good Shepherd's pie last week, so that was our Irish meal. I'm really sick and haven't really left the house in three days. Plus, Jeremy is testing for rank tomorrow so he can't really drink in celebrate in the traditional Irish way.

Lots of things going on lately. We are getting excited about our first family vacation to the Caribbean on a Disney cruise. Only a few more weeks. I'm kind of obsessive about packing. It's a little strange I know, but I just love to pack. I start packing and organizing weeks before a trip. I also make tons of lists. A list for each person on what to pack for them, a list of stuff to buy before we leave, a list of stuff to buy when we arrive in Florida, a list of to-do's and a list of documents to pack.

Mom came for a good visit last week. Unfortunately she was really sick for most of the visit but she was a trooper and kept up with us just fine. The kids just loved her; Foster even rejected a hand hold with me so that he could hold g-ma's hand. Now that's she's gone Bailey and I have been fighting some really bad colds. I'm just waiting for Foster's turn.

Foster has been progressing so fast in social understanding. He now wants to sit on the potty every time I change his diaper (though he's not going on it yet). He'll point out animals in books when I say the names. He eats really good with a fork, cleans his mess with a wipe and puts his dishes in the sink. At play date today he amazed the other parents when he took off his shoes and put his socks inside his shoes so he wouldn't loose them. I can't even get Bailey to do that. He does say "please" and sometimes "thank you." He likes to pick out his clothes and can even sometimes get his shoes on with no help. Foster just amazes us everyday. His big change will start on Monday because he starts day care full time. We are super excited for him, knowing he'll love it.

Bailey has grown so tall over the last few months. She has become such a little lady. I'm so glad to be over all the tantrums. She is so excited about our cruise. Almost everyday she asks if it's time to go on the Disney boat. The biggest challenge I've had with her lately is her doddeling. I told her she won't be able to ride the bus to school this fall if she doesn't start getting ready faster. What's really frustrating is when I tell her to move a little faster she actually moves slower. Ugh!

So Jeremy and I decided to use a little of the tax money to buy something for ourselves. Jeremy is getting some new brewing equipment. I got the new I-pad 2! I ordered it and haven't received it yet, but I'm really excited about using it on our trip. It will be a fun new toy for the whole family.


No comments:

Post a Comment